Thursday 10 September 2009

Midwifeishness

I just had my 34 week midwife appointment. It was a different midwife today. She was quite nice and for some reason she knew my grandmother.

I've been getting all these weird pains in the last few days. My grandmother was semi-convinced I was in labour or something lol. I just thought he was starting to push his head down or something. I was right. Apparently he's pushing shizz and shizz or something... The midwife did explain it to me, but I forgot most of what she said. The important thing is that I was right! His head is starting to engage and it's apparently 4/5th palpable (1/5th engaged). I'm pretty happy he hasn't gone back to being breech or anything. As his head is starting to engage, it makes it seem a lot more real and stuff... It makes me a little freaked out that I'm actually going to have to push him out of me in a few weeks lol! =]

The midwife was slightly worried when the machiney thing that measures blood pressure said 127/81. That's pretty high for me. She then checked manually and it was 105/60, which is very normal for me. Modern technology should not be trusted! XD

My pee had protein in it. That could mean I have a pee infection or something, but I didn't have any of the symptoms I was asked about. I have to do a pee sample by tomorrow. I am not looking forward to it. I hate peeing into little things. Usually I'm allowed to just pee on a stick, but as this has to be sent off to be tested, I can't get away with it. Gutted. =[

Fundal height was 33cm, so he's still growing ok. His heart rate was good too. =D

So yeshh, shizz is fine... apart from the fact I have to piss into a little thingy, but hey ho! Ooohhh... and I got prescribed gaviscon, so I wont have to keep buying it! XD

1 comment: