Wednesday 16 September 2009

Something in the water?

I woke up just over half an hour ago and couldn't get back to sleep. I had intended to get as much sleep as I could fit in before I left the house, but that isn't going to happen. I have just over an hour to kill before I need to leave, so I guess I'll just blog about shizz!

Ever since I found out I was pregnant, loads of people I know seem to be getting pregnant. My auntie found out she was pregnant just after I did (although she had a miscarriage), then I found out my cousin* was pregnant (she was further along than me, but I didn't know she was when I found out), then my mother's husband's sister had a baby, then my cousin's girlfriend got pregnant and now his brother's girlfriend is too... oh, and I have another cousin who's girlfriend is pregnant!

So yes, it leads me to believe that everyone is copying me. Well, obviously not the people who got pregnant before me, but I can't have been copying them because I didn't know.The weird thing is that most people who I know are pregnant are around my age (18 +/- 1). Yeah, a few of the people are in their late 20s or 30s, but the majority are around my age. I actually can't think of one person who I'm related to that is around 18 that hasn't recently had a baby or found out about pregnantness. It just seems really weird. Usually it's only older people I hear about that have had babies. A couple of people I was in college with back in 2007 have had babies too! Definitely something in the water (which is how my grandmother put it when we talked about it).

Along with there being a weird amount of people I know being pregnant, I keep seeing more pregnant people when I'm shopping and stuff. I'm probably not seeing more of them, just noticing them more now! There definitely seems to be some sort of mass-pregnancy thing going on though... hmm...

Anyhow, I'm gonna go take my iron tablet (which I've been told would probably make me constipated, but nopes- I'm pooing a normal amount!), work out what to wear, get changed, brush my teeth, feed the fish, degus, gerbils and hamster and go to Manchesterland to embark upon my baby-related-shoppingy mission! Goodbye!



*when I say cousin, I mean like 2nd cousins and whatnot.

No comments:

Post a Comment