Sunday 9 August 2009

Boy or girl?

I didn't really see much of the 20 week scan as there was a lot of stuff they needed to check and the screen was facing away from me for most of it. My grandmother was there with me and she saw the whole thing. She said he's unmistakeably a boy. The ultrasoundy person was certain it's a boy too.

However, I have a silly niggly feeling that he could turn out to be a girl. I'm not sure why. It might be because I've heard so many stories of babies turning out to be the opposite sex to what the parents were told they would be. Maybe it's because it would be hoobloads easier for me to name a girl. Maybe it's because I read in a pregnancy magazine that research shows that people with lots of money are more likely to have boys and that kind of fits in with people I know who have had babies in the last few years (well, I don't really know many actual rich people... but I'm counting rich people as grown-up people with jobs that can afford to have a baby).

I just did an old wives tale gender prediction test thing. It said there's a 53% chance of it being a girl. A chinese gender predictor thingy predicted a boy. Why can't any of these things be 100% accurate?!

I think I'm going to try buying more unisex clothes just in case. I'm not that into unisex clothes, because the majority of them don't look that cool (in my opinion). I can't stand that baby yellow colour! Luckily the moses basket I have isn't blue or anything, so it's pretty much unisex.

Hopefully he will turn out to be a boy though. I wouldn't like to have wasted hoobloads of money on boy stuff only to find out he's actually a she. Although if he does turn out to be a girl, at least I'll have the perfect name! =]

Yes, I realise how silly this post sounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment