Thursday 13 August 2009

Midwife appointment.

I just had my 30 week midwife appointment. Might as well write about it, as I have nothing else to do.

The squigglytiddlypeep is currently breech, but as I'm only 30 weeks, I have like 6 weeks for him to turn round in. If he doesn't turn round in the next 6 weeks I'll have to see some doctory person or something. It's definitely not a worry just yet though, as 6 weeks is quite a long time (although I'm certain the next 6 weeks will go really fast).

My haemoglobin is 10.4 and apparently the cut off point for needing iron tablets is 10... The midwife told me that if I don't want iron tablets, I need to start eating food with lots of iron in them, or take that pregnacare stuff. I don't do tablets, so I'm just going to try eating food with lots of iron... I'll have to google stuff and see what foods would be good to eat that actually taste nice... I will certainly not be nomming spinach or anything!

My fundal height had so far always been the same number of cms as the amount of weeks pregnant I am. I had a feeling it would be one cm over today though. Sure enough, when she measured it, my fundal height was 31cm! How psychic am I?! 31 cms is still normal though, so he's growing well. =]

My blood pressure is still good. It's 115/60. I'm not sure what the numbers really mean, but I know it's fine. The top number is the highest it's been so far, and the bottom number is almost always 60. =]

My pee was once again fine, as was the baby's heart beat.

Oooohhh... Yesterday my uncle basically called me a liar for saying my back was hurting because when his wife was pregnant, she was walking everywhere fine and didn't have pain... It totally pissed me off as I wasn't lying and it was aching like fuck. People should know not to piss of pregnant people! Me and my grandmother will take great pleasure in informing him that the midwife thinks I might have sciatica or something. Anyway, it's common knowledge that pregnant people get bachache! How the fuck can someone be justified in telling a pregnant person that they aren't in any pain?!

So yeah, that was my midwife appointment. Shizz seems to be going pretty well. My next appointment is in two weeks. =]

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah for things going OK! :D

    oooh, pregnancy turns you psychic! 0_o

    You can get (from places like Holland & Barratt) iron that dissolves in water and stuff if you don't like pills and greens - believe me, this is something you want to catch before it gets out of hand, hardcore anaemia is not fun and you end up with lots of bruises where you keep falling over :P (remember to keep your vit C levels up too, iron needs vitamin C to work properly) /ends nagging


    MOOOOOOOO @ your uncle! *hopes he gets hoobloads of kidney stones and they really hurt*


    Hurrah for fine pee! :D


    *waves at Little Iver*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall look into getting some dissolvey shizz... if I remember! XD

    ReplyDelete