Monday 5 October 2009

Pains, tea and dreams...

I've been having lots of weird niggles, twinges and pains today. A few different kinds of pain. It makes me wonder how many days I have left. He could be born at any time in the next 23 days.

One kind of pain only happens occasionally when I'm walking, getting up off the sofa or changing position in bed... It's kind of like someone has kicked me in the fanny and butt-type-area and it feels like it's bruised. That never lasts long though, just when I move in awkward ways.
Another kind of pain is like someone is pinching my cervix or something pretty hard. It's not very nice at all and hurts like fuck. That only happens when the baby is moving though.
I've also had a dull kind of backache which is different from the backache I've generally been getting. It's accompanied by a period-like kind of pain. I've never really had exceedingly painful periods, but whenever I have had any form of period pain, it's felt like this. The backache and periodishness unnerves me a bit as it sounds like the kind of pain I've been told is a sign of going into labour. The pains aren't too bad yet though and I haven't noticed a pattern to them, so I'm definitely not in labour yet! XD Maybe it's the start of things though!

I finally plucked up the courage to try my raspberry leaf tea a couple of hours ago. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. It wasn't the nicest kind of tea I've ever had, but it was drinkable!

I had a dream last night. I was in some book store with my mum, my half-brother and the squigglytiddlypeep (who was somehow the same age as the half-brother who was still the same age as he is now). The squigglytiddlypeep asked me why he didn't have a name like everyone else. I told him it was because I couldn't think of one for him and asked him what he would like to be called. He decided he would like to be called [insert the awesome name that's currently on the top of my possible names list but everyone else finds weird]. I told him that [the name] could be his name and his middle name could be [the name that I've wanted to use as a middle name ever since I started pondering names] but he had a tantrum because he didn't like the middle name.
Maybe the dream is an indicator of what I should call him...

Anyhow... I'm gonna go watch American Dad or something. Gosh, I can't believe there's only 13 days until the due date... Hoobletoodledoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment