Saturday 17 October 2009

Ways to speed it up

I know people say the baby will come when he's ready, but I need him out of me as soon as possible. After extensive research (well, googling and asking people) I have decided to use as many different ways to kick start labour as possible. Sex is not an option and I'd feel too weird sitting here stimulating my own nipples, but I'm gonna try pretty much everything else.
I plan to go on a longish walk or something this afternoon. When I get back I will clean the windows (not seen that method mentioned anywhere online but as both my grandmother and mother suggested it, I guess it's worth a try). I will drink more raspberry leaf tea (might help things along I suppose). I'm going to sit cross legged on the floor as much as possible (my auntie suggested it and she's had like a zillion kids so i'll take her word for it). I'll get my grandfather to drive along a dead bumpy road with me in the car (if that fails I'll just get on a bus to somewhere bumpy). I'll eat hoobloads of spicy food too. If none of those things work, I'll just start doing something I really want to do and finish... That should certainly ensure I go into labour.

I'm starting to think I'm not actually pregnant and I just have some sort of weird disease that makes me swell up.

If anyone has any suggestions of anything else I can do to help, please suggest. I need stuff to happen!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry I got no ideas, but I love how the mother/grandmothery peeps have got you cleaning the windows! Very sneakyyy XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxation is supposed to be good, which of course will be simple when you're worried about things happening. But any ways you have to relax might help.

    I've also heard that stretching or yoga can help. Same with a hot shower or bath. And added bonus with a shower is that the spray of water could do some nipple stimulation.

    Eating pineapple or a bit of castor oil are rumoured things. Though if it were me, I'd be worried about castor oil just being a laxative.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewww... Laxativeyness... I think I'll avoid castor oil... I'll try the pineapple thing tomorrow though. I've been having lots of hot baths and stuff but so far it hasn't worked... No harm in keeping on trying though.
    *tries to relax*
    Thanks for the suggestions. :)

    ReplyDelete